Saturday, December 05, 2009

Our History...

            We both went to high school together at Carbon High and we had a lot of friends in the same group.  We found out later that we both had a little crush on each other our Junior year.  But he had a girlfriend at the time and I was too busy for boys. ;)  On my way to my math class I had to go through the gym since the classroom was in the gym.  He had gym class at that same time.  I remember talking to him almost every day before and after that class.  I used to look for him so that I could talk to him.
              After our junior year I graduated a year early and went to CEU for two years to receive my Associates degree.  I then went on to BYU for one year where I decided to go on a mission.  3 weeks after my 21st birthday I went on my mission to Ireland.  After my mission I was married for 6 years to an elder I met on my mission.  I moved to Arizona where he was from and have been here since.  Currently I am in the Dental hygiene program at Rio Salado in Phoenix and will graduate in May.
             Nathan finished high school and then went to CEU for a year before going on his mission.  He served in Chicago.  When he returned home he went to Utah State University in Logan.  He is finishing his Bachelors Degree from there this month in Business/Psychology/Finance and will be applying to a Masters program in the next year or two.  After his mission he joined the Army and has served overseas in Germany, Egypt, and a deployment to Kuwait and is currently in Minnesota working for their Finance department preparing soldiers who are deploying to Iraq, Kuwait, and Afghanistan.  He has been with them for 6 1/2 years and plans on retiring with them.
             As those 11 years passed we both went in different direction but time has brought us back together.  We reconnected through Facebook and my mom.  As I was going through my divorce my mom was keeping everyone up dated on what was happening with me.  My mom adds all my friends and my friends friends to her Facebook for her real estate business and because people her age don't really Facebook. :) So Nathan was one of her friends and would talk to her on Facebook and ask her questions about the situation. (Nathan is such a friendly person, he is a friend to everyone and talks to everyone on Facebook chat).  So they got to be really good friends.  My mom would tell me what an amazing guy he was and she really wanted us to meet up.  So on the 4th of July we were both in Utah to visit our families.  My mom invited him to come see the fireworks with us and stay the night at our house.  We clicked right away.  There was nothing awkward or uncomfortable, it was so comfortable and perfect.  After that we started talking on Facebook and on the phone and that lead us to where we are now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment